A Guide to Work and Travel Visas For Foreigners

You may have heard of the work and travel visa. It is necessary for you to have this visa if you are a foreigner visiting the United States on a work or travel assignment. You are allowed to stay for up to a year and have access to the U.S.A. however, your visa will be terminated after the duration of your assignment.

You will not be allowed to extend the period of your visit to the U.S.A. or else you will not be able to apply for another one. If you wish to stay for longer, then you can apply for an extension of your visa. However, be sure that you can afford to pay the fee for the extension before you do so. Work and travel visas are issued by the United States Embassy. If you are applying for one of these visas, you will need to show the Embassy your passport or other government-issued photo identification, your statement of intent, your letter of introduction to the employer, a proof of your purpose in coming to the United States, your work contract or employment agreement, and any proof of funding. When visiting the U.S., be sure to show all this information.

When visiting the U.S., you should not spend more than you have to. If you have to travel with any luggage, you should leave it at home and bring your own. If you take baggage, make sure you pack it yourself.

You will need to purchase and pay for any medicines you may require while on your assignment. This is because you are not allowed to bring any drugs or medications with you on your trip. Even though it is possible for the US government to help you with this, in most cases, this cannot be done. Traveling with other people from the same country is prohibited. This means that you can not share a room or live together with others who are not allowed to live in the U.S.

Any one who has a work or travel visa must report at the embassy to get their visa renewed. This is required even if you are planning to visit again in the future.